Your primary role as circle leader is to lead a Circle of Sisters group of 10-15 girls with another circle leader. You will be co-leading activities, using a provided Circle Leader Curriculum while having fun and engaging with the girls. This position is aimed at being a more independent way of volunteering. Curriculum and trainings will be given to you prior to beginning the role of Circle Leader. You will have a mentor facilitator to utilize as a resource when planning agendas. The mentor facilitator will also provide weekly updates on ideas for planning group activities.
- Interviewing process
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Fingerprinting/Background check (out of pocket cost of approx. $18)
- TB test cleared
- Mandatory training and shadowing by a facilitator
- 15 or 30 week requirement (dependent on internship requirements)
- Completion of evaluation with COS staff
- Coordinate snack and daily supplies before girls arrive (depending on site location)
- Have sign in sheet ready at the beginning of group
- Turn in monthly data to a Mentor Facilitator
- Communicate weekly with Mentor Facilitator
- Administration of pre and post surveys to Circle of Sisters participants (will be instructed)
- Recommendation letter
- Fills internship requirement depending on major/department (i.e. 1 unit, 45 hours)
- Free training opportunities
- Possible Continuing Education Units for Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Opportunities to develop group facilitation skills, classroom management, curriculum implementation and youth-work experience
Unpaid; Circle of Sisters volunteers accomplishes a sense of Civic Ownership; they gain hands on experience in the field of youth work/advocacy. This opportunity is excellent for first-time and seasoned volunteers. Volunteering with Circle of Sisters is a customizable experience in which volunteers have the freedom to facilitate already existing program topics/create and present their own.
Groups are 2.5 hours depending on site, and 1 day a week. Volunteers are encouraged to arrive at their site 15 min. early. Site locations are located throughout Sonoma County. Due to district requirements, it is important to apply for this internship as soon as possible. Fingerprinting and background checks are required because of the nature of this internship. This process may take up to 4 weeks, so the sooner an application is processed the sooner one can complete their hours. Fingerprinting is free of charge through the Bellevue Union School District. All students volunteering within this district are required to get background checked with Circle of Sisters as well as through the district. Students will be placed in Bellevue Union School District sites no later than September 1st.
Please contact our office for more information at 707-525-5311 or email@example.com